Auray

I was looking through the photos from Brittany this summer - searching for the photos of old embroidered garments for my wife when I found some shots from Auray - a wonderfully pleasant river port town, which now has a busy artists community. So I thought I might post a sample shot or two...



Shot of the bridge across the river - and edge of the harbour


One of the narrow streets around the harbour - and yes, cars drive down these roads...


Wonderful old house with steep roofline.



It's a little bit commercial around the harbour itself, but they've managed to maintain a great deal of the town's charm.


Statue of Saint Goustan - on the side wall of a house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A writing update

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle