Desert Island Discs Thinking - Part 2

A few days ago I listed my choice of disks according to Radio 4 programme Desert Island Discs.

Since doing so I have thought about the somgs I left out and mourned their absence, so I made a new list of the "next" eight

The Damned – Eloise
Ian Dury and the Blockheads - Reasons to be Cheerful, Part 3
Guns ‘N’ Roses - Sweet Child O’ Mine
The Jesus and Mary Chain – Some Candy Talking
Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
Lynyrd Skynyrd – Freebird
Barry McGuire - Eve of Destruction
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run

I couldn't do without those either - and I still had to leave out The Doors' People are Stange, Joni Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi, Nick Drake's Hazey Jane II, Pink Floyd's Echoes, Metallica's Sad But True and Roy Harper's Me and My Woman. Difficult thing this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle

Monday musings, ramblings and nonsensical utterances (includes a lot of writing stuff)