Desert Island Discs Thinking

I listen to Radio 4 a great deal. Each day on my way to and from work, and often at home whilst reading email etc.

One show they have on regularly (and it's been running since 1942) is Desert Island Discs. On this show the guest is invited to choose the eight records they could not live without and they talk about the records and their life in general.

I don't often find much of the guests' tastes that matches mine but I enjoy the show. I think the closest they've had on to my own taste was Jeremy Clarkson, which is a little worrying.

Anyway I just started thinking about what I would pick - and yes I realise I would never be chosen as a guest - not being. However I have always had a fondness (some say obsession) with lists so I started writing down titles.

First thing that occured to me is just how hard it is to choose just eight. My list started out at sixty - just a little over the limit. And then the guests on the show have to pick the best of the best - one track they could not live without.

Anyway after much agonising I made it to a list of eight...

The Jam - A Town Called Malice
Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
R.E.M. - It's the End of the World as We Know It
Rush - Tom Sawyer
The Smiths - How Soon is Now
Suzanne Vega - I'll Never Be Your Maggie May
Tom Waits - Jersey Girl
The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again

...and the one would be - The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle

Monday musings, ramblings and nonsensical utterances (includes a lot of writing stuff)