One of my favourite places - Carnac in Brittany, France




I hope you will indulge me if I post an image or two of one of my favourite places. This is partly to encourage anyone who might stumble across this to visit this truly magickal place in Western France, but also to partly mollify a friend who has been berating me for still not posting any images from a trip I made in August.





For anyone who does not know Carnac, it is home to a vast collection of stone age menhirs - more than 3,000 of them!!! And these date from over five thousand years ago. The site is truly huge and definitely deserves a visit.



The site has multiple alignments of stones spread across a large area, plus numerous tumuli (man made hills containing tombs), dolmen, a quadrilateral of standing stones and one of the tallest menhirs I have ever seen - the Manio Giant.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle

A writing update