Sporting Disasters TV show

Over the last couple of days there have been a number of TV shows featuring accidents in various types of sports. I'm not normally one to watch misfortune or other reality TV shows. But something in this one show (Sporting Disasters) has gripped me and I've watched a couple of episodes and am amazed at the lunacy of some people.

I feel wrong watching these shows - essentially each episode is an hour of watching people get hurt in a variety of ways -skydiving, extreme skiing, go-karting, motorcycling speed record attempts, skateboarding, snowboarding as well as mass fights in ice hockey, soccer and other sports.

I'm not sure what this kind of thing says about us as a species, and I have to admit I am not immune.

You won't find me watching Big Brother though...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle

A writing update