Leicester Tigers

The Tigers are not the team they once were. I've been a mad fan of rugby union for nearly three decades and since taking my degree at Leicester University I've been a mad fan of Leicester Tigers.

Back when I started they were a good team, although they were not the best. I had to cope with years of the sport being dominated in England by Bath - a problem when one of my Uni friends was from near Swindon and a big Bath fan.

Then things changed. Leicester became the team in the English game and all was good. More than good I have to admit I was over the moon all through this period. Multiple Premiership titles and a brace of European Cup victories to add to the collection.

However they're not alone at the top of the pile anymore. There are about half a dozen teams in England who are all up there.

So having watched them today I fear that they are going to be out of the European Cup by the end of the group phase. They're currently level on points with Clermont Auverne but if they finish that way Clermont go through as they scored more points against Leicester in the two matches.

As for the Guinness Premiership they are currently fourth which is good as the top four go through to the semi finals. But they're only one point ahead of Wasps who have a game in hand. If they win that and get the bonus point they'll be four points up and Leicester will be fifth and out of the playoff places.

But I'll still support them. I'm not fickle. Although it's going to be a tough end of season to watch if they're not involved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle

Monday musings, ramblings and nonsensical utterances (includes a lot of writing stuff)