Evidence that a story might need to be rewritten

US magazine Necrotic Tissue have rejected my short story "Chicken". It took them a mere three days to pass on it. It's the seventh rejection it's managed to rack up in the couple of months since I wrote it.

And once again the email mentioned the fact it's written in the second person as a reason. It's a shame really as I like using the word "You". "You did this", "You did that". I find it can be more effective that He or She. And I'm really not a fan of "I".

But it seems editors for the most part don't like "You" as the protagonist. So I think I'll take it apart and turn it into "He" or "She". I certainly don't want to name the lead in this tale.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A writing update

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle