Sunday 1st update

Well I have added a further two scenes to my smutty little space detective intergalactic war brothel story. The novel is another 1,173 words longer now at 72,050 and my NaNoWriMo total is up to 44,613 which means I am only 5,387 away from my target.

Well I am not going to rush it or get overly verbose to ensure I get there. I can't see the point adding unnecessarily to the story just to get to the 50K. I will only have to edit more when I revisit the novel and I can't see the point of that.

I'm looking forward to the next few scenes/chapters as things are about to get a little wonky. Not much is going to be as it seems and it should call for a few more euphemisms.

I've also managed a quick submission along the way - I sent the Intersection of to Disquieted Dreams. Let's see if they like it - fingers crossed.

I also realised I'd completely forgotten about Sledge-Lit this month. I was intending to go along to that to make up for not being able to get to the previous writer thing in Derby and it was last weekend. Damn - got caught up in the writing and forgot all about it. Bugger. Must make a note of these things. It's why I have a noticeboard after all.

One quick non-writing thing. I watched the latest episode of Supergirl this morning over breakfast and I am going to admit I'm getting into the show. I had thought it a bit lightweight and was wondering how long I was going to last but it's added in a couple of arc plot points lately and I'm hopeful on them although a little mixed at the same time - her DoE boss being... and this story's equivalent of Lex Luthor.

The first is intriguing. The second I'm hoping isn't just a total Lex knockoff. I want this show to be a little different to the Supes formula in that respect and had been thinking that the constant in-joke style comparative references to Metropolis and the grown up version of the story would lead into it going in a totally different direction. Fingers crossed I won't be disappointed.

Anyway let's not dwell on that, I have writing to do. Music is picked out - The Mark Four / The Creation. Good bit of 60s Psychedelia playing as I type this. Now let's get writing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A writing update

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle