Don't tell me what happened on X-Files

Tonight was an unexpected writing evening. I hadn't expected to even open the word doc but my wife had to do a last minute arrangement of some music for the pantomime. This is something that really isn't a spectator sport so I headed for my office and decided to see how much of the YA ghost story I could write before she'd finished.

Quite a bit it seems; I had enough time to write the first 2 scenes of chapter 2 - 1613 words in all. Good use of time I think. It's moved it beyond 5,000 words. I'm happy with the progress I'm making on it. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it going.

Tomorrow night I will find out. My wife is out playing the music she's just written and so I'll be home alone. With any luck nothing will get in the way of adding some more to the total. I'm hoping to have chapter 2 finished - only need to repeat tonight's output for that.

Of course tonight's writing did come with a price. I didn't get to see the first episode of the new X-Files. I will have to wait until tomorrow. We usually have time for one episode before my wife heads to rehearsal.

I didn't go without genre TV completely tonight though. Over dinner we caught up on last night's Agents of SHIELD, it was the solo Simmons episode. Now that was a good episode. This series is getting better all the time. I'm hoping it runs for years to come.

Anyway, off now to fill in the outline for the next parts of WiP, the Stairs Lead Down. I thnk it's going well. My wife has read it so far and thinks it's good but she mght be biased. I think it's good too but I definitely am. We'll see how it does when it's done and other people read it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle

A writing update