I should be asleep

This often happens to me. I'm sitting in the lounge tired, on the verge of falling asleep. I make my way upstairs only to then lie awake listening to my wife sleeping.

It's useful in some ways. I get most of my story ideas in these moments. But it does mean I feel more tired in the morning. Especially as getting the idea is but the first step. I inevitably put the light back on so I can write it down in one of the notebooks. By which time I'll have woke up even more.

Tonight I was determined to not do this. I deliberately didn't do the mind wander thing. Sleep, straightaway, was my intention. My body though hasn't played ball. I'm still awake and tapping in this blog entry on my iPhone. I may as well have let my mind play with story ideas. I might have worked out the next bit in the Venice-ish book. From talking to a couple of people I think this might be the best idea to tackle next. It's a YA urban fantasy story - albeit historic. I'm told there could be a market for it.

Of course, I still need to finish the 4th Ben Williamson novella. If I can get back into it once my head's back in the game there should only be a couple of weeks at most in it - for 1st draft anyway.

Right, I' going to be productive if not sleepy. Time to and this post and think of 15th Century Venice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Ray Garton - Bestial

Attempts at regaining the writing saddle

Monday musings, ramblings and nonsensical utterances (includes a lot of writing stuff)